Wednesday 17 October 2012

Media Workshops


Session 1: Personally, I thought that the first media workshop was the best. I really enjoyed exploring representations of teens and creating a DVD cover. The lesson was really fun and fascinating. I learnt how to use photoshop and the green screen. I also learnt some new dvd conventions from the hand-outs they gave us (institutional logos, rating, special features, technical specifications and etc).Overall, it was fantastic and I'd love to do it again.
Session 2: The second media work shop was more complex. It was interesting. I learnt some new shots like the establishing shot; often used to give the audience an overview of the setting and the 30 degree rule which is used with the purpose of creating continuity between different shots within a larger sequence of shots. My understanding on editing for continuity, the 30% and 180% rules and the importance of action cuts has enhaced.I also learnt how to edit a video in a small amount of time without any impressive editing. All in all, it was satisfactory.

No comments:

Post a Comment